Treadmill is a great option for those who want to lose weight. You need to remember that for a 30 minute exercise your heart rate should be in your fat burning rate zone. The target heart rate equals 60% -90% of your maximum heart rate whereas fat burning zone equals 75%-90% of target heart rate.For males maximum heart rate is equal to 220 minus age and for females it is 226 minus age. You can either calculate manually or buy a treadmill which does the required calculations for you.Walking on treadmill seems easy but without following the appropriate technique you might suffer a number of injuries. Walking on treadmill helps you in reducing weight and in burning more calories. It is a vigorous aerobic exercise which results in pumping of heart in a better way thereby reducing the risk of cardio-vascular diseases.
The best part about treadmill is that you can easily lose weight at home even without going to the gym. Working out on treadmill is not at all boring because you can have the set up in front of the TV, watch your favorite show and you won’t realize how time flies and you burnt so many calories. So, it is an enjoyable way to lose weight. Workout on treadmill gives you an opportunity to be versatile in exercising and shedding extra calories. Before starting to exercise a short warn up is very essential. Start with a slow walk and gradually increase the speed. You can do a power work or a slow and steady jog. Make sure to dress up appropriately, keep a towel handy to wipe the sweat to and don’t walk barefoot on the machine.
Follow the given steps which will help you lose weight in a better way-
1. Start with a 30 minute walk or jog on treadmill for 2 to 3 days a week and gradually increase either the time length or workout intensity. Don’t forget that it should be an easy workout.
2. Use one hill workout programmed on treadmill each week for around 20 to 30 minutes. Try to maintain normal speed during workout.
3. Every week include one workout which is twice the time length of your comfortable day. Move slowly but steadily for the entire workout.
4. If you normally walk, add jogging intervals and if you normally jog, add sprints for one workout each week. Warm-up for 10 minutes and then increase the speed for 30-60 seconds. Recover in 60-90 seconds and repeat the interval.
5. For weight loss, it is necessary to monitor your calorie intake. Don’t restrict calories intake but be ensured that you are not consuming more than normal due to your stepped up workout routine.
These are some of the tips which if followed carefully will greatly help you in losing weight. Be consistent on your workout schedule without skipping any day. Rigorous exercise helps in losing weight at a comparatively faster rate but don’t rebel against the exercise. Workout in limits so that you might not end up hurting yourself. Exercising on treadmill helps in burning calories which is the important key to weight loss. Make sure to exercise on a regular basis at a consistent pace rather than vigorous workout one day and taking gaps on other days.