Choose your layout
Patterns for Boxed Layout
Potential of Hydrogen (PH)
- PH is the measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a substance. The PH scale runs from (0-14) a lower number means a higher level of acidity (and generally less oxygen) is present and higher numbers indicates a higher level of alkalinity. A solution is considered natural neither acid nor alkaline when it has a PH of 7.
- Anything between 0-6.9 is acidic, 7 is neutral and anything between 7.1-14 is alkaline. Human hair and scalp oil, sebum has a PH balance between (4.5-5.5). This natural hair acidity prevents fungi and bacteria in the hair and scalp and keeps the cuticle closed and healthy.
- A PH level between 4-7 works well on hair-
- If you have problem with fungi or bacteria on your scalp, it is likely that your scalp and hair too alkaily, it is stripping away your naturally acidic sebum that fights bacteria. It means that you are using a product that has a high PH above 7.
- If you have permanently dyed or relaxed hair, your hair was first treated with a highly alkali substance to expose and change the hair’s cuticle, then it was “neutralized” with a highly acidic substance to flatten the cuticle again this is a damaging process and slightly acidic hair products are needed to keep the hair cuticle lying flat.